So Friday was the HUGE Lollipop Night event at school; a seniors good bye party where “lollipop” was the cleverly devised theme. “What is lollipop?” I asked my students. They rolled their eyes and laughed. “Colorful, ajarn!” Ah, but of course. Colorful. Well what if I don’t have anything colorful enough? I wondered. Never fear! The next day, one of our primpedest and chic students strolled in in her clickity heels and long shimmering lashes with a bag of goodies for Elena and myself. We chose our wares separately and tucked him away beneath our desks. Would we be shamed into oblivion by our Atlantic-side peers? Possibly. Oh well.
Friday night came and sheer pandemonium was unleashed. Lollipop photo booths. Students in psychedelic colors—neon green shirts and skirts, yellow hair ribbons and bows, purple shoes, red laces, the works. Elena and I strolled in in eerily matching red dresses with flowers and polka dots respectively.
Impromptu Lollipop Twins. Go figure ;P
We could have never guessed what the night ahead would hold— singing, dance routines, comedy sketches, band sets— all performed, planned, and executed by our remarkable talented students.
It was truly classic.
Pin-ups, lollipops, and scandalous poses-- whole lotta lolli lolli!
Somehow we managed to be on campus from roughly 9am until 10:30pm without so much as batting an eye. Monday starts my last week of classes.
I’m really going to miss this place.
No comments:
Post a Comment